The 40,000-square-foot store, located in the Renaissance Centre at 305 East Altamonte Drive, joins its Central Florida sister locations in Winter Park and Phillips Crossing. Florida’s 25th store will honor and cater to Altamonte Springs’ diverse cultures with unique innovations such as:
· An enhanced tropical and international produce program, chock-full of exotic fruits and vegetables found in Latin, Asian and Indian cuisine. Produce will feature an ever-changing rotation, including Thai chilies, Chinese eggplant, sea cucumbers, star fruit, gooseberries, longan fruit, dragon fruit, papaya and passionfruit to name a few.
· Paleo-friendly cuisine in the chef’s case, such as BBQ Peach Turkey Meatballs, Cauliflower Fried Rice and Garlicky Squash Noodles.
· Gourmet, made-to-order toast ($5) to include Smoked Salmon & Dill; the Strammer Max with Creminelli ham, sunny-side egg and stone ground mustard; and an Avocado Cucumber Pepita toast spread with spinach artichoke hummus.
· The store will also carry O’Dang Hummus and Hummus Sauces, created by Jesse Wolfe, Founder of O’Dang Hummus featured on Shark Tank and a recipient of the University of Central Florida Entrepreneurship Program.
· A Whole Foods Market exclusive line of Peace Love World apparel in Whole Body ($30-$50), including sustainable and organic “Good Food, Good Mood” hoodies and shirts. Peace Love World was selected as one of Oprah’s Favorite Things for two years in a row.
· Four Perfect Power Bite Snack Packs ($5.99) varieties with salamis, nuts, cheeses and olives – providing a great source of daily protein and energy.
· Baked goods made daily, including Naan breads with worldly flavors of curry, cilantro and garlic; and Ras el hanout.
· Altamonte Springs will be Whole Foods Market’s first Florida store to display Recycle Across America signage, the nation’s not-for-profit organization dedicated to simplifying the act of recycling for the general public to help them recycle more and help them recycle right. Whole Foods Market in Florida aims to place Recycle Across America signage in every location by Earth Day 2016.
Altamonte Springs customers can also expect a full-service juice & coffee bar, a hand-tossed pizza station, grab-and-go chef-prepared cuisine and an indoor and outdoor café.
The store will kick-off their grand opening celebration with a Bread Breaking Ceremony scheduled at 8:45 AM. The first 500 customers in line on opening day will receive mystery gift cards, valued at $5, $10, $20 or $50, with one card valued at $500. Altamonte Springs will also celebrate by hosting five 1% days where local organizations will receive a portion of the day’s profits. Beneficiaries include: Seminole Cultural Arts Council, Save the Manatee Club, Kids House of Seminole, The Fresh Stop Bus and The Sharing Center.
Whole Foods Market – Altamonte Springs
305 East Altamonte Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Whole Foods Market Altamonte Springs will be open 8 AM to 10 PM daily