Saturday, September 29, 2012

Help end childhood hunger while enjoying a delicious Italian meatloaf recipe

I'm a food guy. No doubt about it. I love eating, sure, but I hate cooking. Well, hate may be too strong. I don't really like cooking is more like it. Wish I could cook, though. Okay, so it's not really a hate thing at all, it's just that I can't cook. I admit it. I suck at cooking. Whew, feels good to get that out.

When Romano's Macaroni Grill approached me about their partnership with No Kid Hungry to help end childhood hunger and their goal to feed kids all across America by connecting kids to 1 million meals in the month of September, I was excited to help anyway I could. The program will connect up to 500 meals to kids just from my one post. Only problem was that my participation involved posting my favorite Italian recipe. I can think of many off the top of my head, but they're at restaurants - not in a little recipe box in my kitchen.

Luckily I'm friends with a fabulous cook, and Andrea offered up her amazing Italian Meatloaf recipe for me to use. I hope you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I do:

Andrea’s Italian-Style Meatloaf

1 lb. ground chuck
1 lg. egg
1/2 C. Parmesan cheese
1/2 C. Italian-style bread crumbs
1 to 2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
½ finely chopped sweet onion
3/4 t. ground nutmeg
3/4 t. Kosher salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 C. tomato sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Press into loaf pan or square pan. Top with more tomato sauce. Bake for one hour or until done.


1 in 5 children are hungry in America. Yes, America.

They live in California, Dallas, New York, Colorado and Orlando. From coast to coast there are millions of children who have no idea where their next meal is going to come from.

This is an astounding number - and it's not going to change without awareness and funds. And for the month of September, it's easy to make a difference. Just stop into your local Romano's Macaroni Grill and donate $2 and get $5 off your next meal - or share an artist inspired image from the Mac Grill Give Facebook Gallery and the company will help connect a kid with 1 meal. It's that simple.
 
#macgrillgive

No comments: