Saturday, October 7, 2017

Duck Donuts Kissimmee: a hole lot of sugar

I hate waiting in line, but I will gladly do it again and again to get my hands on donuts from Duck Donuts in Kissimmee. And I'm not alone. On a recent visit, there were dozens of people in line waiting patiently, every seat taken, and several folks - donuts in hand - circling the restaurant looking for a seat. To say the least, Duck Donuts is already popular in Kissimmee, and I hear they will be opening locations across the Orlando area soon.

Duck Donuts started in Duck, North Carolina in 2006 and soon expanded to four Outer Banks locations. The first franchise opened in 2013, and now there are 50 opened franchise locations, with 130 more on the way.

Duck Donuts specializes in warm, delicious and made-to-order donuts. Customers can choose from a variety of topping combinations, including traditional favorites such as vanilla icing with sprinkles and more adventurous creations such as maple icing with bacon.

The family-friendly stores offer a viewing area where children and adults alike can watch their donuts being made. Duck Donuts also sells coffee, tea, donut breakfast sandwiches and more. 

I sampled multiple donuts from their new Fall menu, and they were all great. The maple bacon donuts is an acquired taste, no doubt, but I liked it. My favorite, by far, was the breakfast sandwich with a warm sausage patty, cheese and scrambled eggs placed between a warm, sliced donut and topped with maple drizzle. 

Hurry up and check out Duck Donuts before the lines get longer!

Duck Donuts
710 Centerview Blvd.
Kissimmee, FL 34741
407-350-5832









Note: I dined compliments of Duck Donuts.

No comments: