I haven't been to Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar lately, but after learning about some awesome new menu additions, I've made plans to dine there this weekend. Here's more information:
Known for its island-inspired food, signature cocktails and relaxed atmosphere, Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar has added several key culinary creations to its menu. These latest offerings blend nicely with long-standing favorites and provide additional options for guests that seek something new. From salads and appetizers to entrees and desserts, there is something new to try at every course.
Appetizers and Salads
- Fried Green Tomatoes - An island twist on a traditional Southern classic, these green tomatoes are fried in a plantain crust and dressed with jalapeno cilantro aïoli and charred corn salsa.
- Grapefruit and Jicama Salad - Jicama has long been an ingredient in southern cooking. This salad adds some Tommy Bahama island style with the introduction of tangy grapefruit, macadamia nuts, and mojito vinaigrette over baby greens.
- Filet Mignon Flatbread- Made with juicy pineapple marinated sliced Filet Mignon and sprinkled with bacon, this flatbread is garnished with garlic aïoli, honey roasted onions, Gruyère, and crispy shiitakes. Vegetarians can substitute the meat for mushrooms for an equally decadent dish.
- Roasted Prawn Pappardelle - Tommy Bahama continues its tradition and commitment to seafood as a partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program with the Roasted Prawn Pappardelle, made in a lemon parmesan broth with citrus gremolata and fresh herbs.
- Pan-seared Whole Branzino - Made with Jicama Hash and Jalapeño Brown Butter, this classic Italian seafood dish gets dressed up with island style ingredients.
- Porterhouse Pork Chop - Marinated in a Kona Longboard Brine, this dish brings a touch of Hawaii to a classic pork chop, complete with sweet potatoes, haricot vert, and oven roasted tomatoes.
- Brown Butter Blondie - Like the Key Lime Pie and Piña Colada Cake, the new Brown Butter Blondie is sure to become a new guest favorite and a Tommy Bahama classic dessert. The blondie is topped with toasted macadamia nuts, white chocolate mousse, Hawaiian sea salt caramel, and vanilla bean ice cream.