Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Wendy's flatout surprises with their new flatbread sandwiches

I recently stopped into Wendy's to check out their new Flatbread Sandwiches. I've gotta say I was impressed with the thought that went into them. The attention to detail, for a fast food joint, was surprising.

I tried the Asiago Ranch Flatbread ($3.99). It wasn't a big sandwich to look at, but the toasted multi-grain flatbread was stuffed full of big chunks of chicken breast and topped with applewood smoked bacon, Asiago cheese, tomato, a spring mix and ranch dressing. Surprisingly filling and fresh tasting.

Fresh tasting, but don't be fooled, this baby still packs 530 calories and 30 grams of fat. But hold the ranch dressing and you'll save 170 calories and 16 grams of fat. Better than a Dave's Hot 'N Juicy 1/2 lb. Double with 800 calories and 48 grams of fat. Always look for the bright side.

I'd get one for lunch again anytime. 

There's a Smokey Honey Mustard Flatbread available as well at Wendy's across Orlando and Central Florida. Note: I dined compliments of Wendy's

Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

No comments: