Friday, May 22, 2009

Domino's Pizza BreadBowl Pasta Quick Look

I couldn’t tell you how many pizzas I’ve eaten while watching Orlando Magic games. Pizza Hut, Papa John’s, Domino’s Pizza, local shops, I’ve called them all. With the Magic now battling the Cavs in the third round of the playoffs, I thought I would mix it up a little and try something different: Domino’s new BreadBowl Pasta. Not bad, but no slam dunk. Sorry, had to.

My Italian Sausage Marinara BreadBowl ($5.99) was really just a sausage pizza and some penne pasta morphed into the shape of a bowl. Same ingredients, different configuration. Think a giant bread bowl filled with TV dinner pasta, and topped with prodigious mounds of melted Provolone cheese.

It’s a total carb fest, and one bowl is more than enough for any one or two Magic fans. There was enough pizza dough in one bread bowl alone to make a large pizza big enough to feed an entire basketball team. It’s a lot of bread. Don’t order breadsticks as a side.

With all that bread, there wasn’t a whole lot of room in the actual bowl for the pasta. If you don’t eat your bowl, you’ll be hungry afterwards. Eat your bowl Magic fans.

Other bowls include Chicken Alfredo, Chicken Carbonara, Three Cheese Mac-N-Cheese and Pasta Primavera. Let me know how any of these others are. One bowl was enough for me.

2 Free Throws out of 5 (Isn’t that about Dwight’s average?)

Domino’s Pizza Website
Orlando Magic Website


Bookmark and Share


Domino's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments: